Monday, August 24, 2009




Good afternoon friends, this is one of the quilts from Open Gates Design.

On this quilt you see the quilt and then a great close up picture of this great quilt and wonderful combination of colors. The shadow effect created by the very well coordinated colors was just stunning.

On this quilt the theme is very somber but on the same token extremely elegant. If you have a print (large) that you want to show without joining this quilt is for you. As you can see there is (really 2) a long strip where you can show your nice print and with coordinating fabrics you can have the talk of the town quilt. Needless to say, this one is one of the quilts that we are planning to get started. Finally the fabrics has been chosen and it will be a stunner.

Remember on September 12th, we will be having a Mr. Lehman in the store and he will be sharpening your scissors and rotary cut blades. He is super reasonable on his prices and he can sharpen the scissors while you wait.

The Stateline Quilt Shop Hop begins in September too. There will be 9 fantastic participating stores with awesome prizes. The hop starts on September 25th until October 3rd. with extended hours and Quilts n Gifts in Bluffton, Indiana will be open on Sunday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.

I will be listing the shops on my next post but get those calendars out and start writing those dates on the calendar because this is one you do not want to miss. I will be working on the feature quilt this week. What a bummer!!!! I have to sew :)


On this our last picture that will be posted from Sunday we see a group of friends talking and having a wonderful time. As you can see those walls are covered with wonderful quilts.
When I said that I would like your input as to whom to have next year, I really mean it. Please email me at mary@quiltsngifts.net or you can call the shop at 260-565-4438 or my cell 260-273-2611. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Well my friends back to work I go, please take care and remember, you are special.
Until next time around the web quilting frame, your friend, mary












No comments:

Post a Comment